[rules-users] Memory leak in 5.2/5.3

alopez alopez at termmed.com
Wed Oct 5 08:40:48 EDT 2011

Hi Marc, Mario,

I'm using the same test case on this thread, and oing more tests I now
realized what is the problem, this leak appears only if the pom file has the
dependency to jbpm-bpmn2 5.1.0.Final along with Drools 5.2.x or 5.3.x.

Re-reading Jamie's post earlier I was puzzled by his reference to jbpm-bpmn2
5.1.1.Final, because is not listed as a version on
http://www.jboss.org/jbpm, but looking at the public maven repo I saw it
really exists, using that version of JBPM resolved the problem, even for
5.2.0.Final.

So in summary Drools 5.2.x and forward do not work properly with JBPM
5.1.0.Final, it would probably be helpful to add some reference to this in
the release notes. And also maybe provide a link to JBPM 5.1.1.Final that I
only saw in the maven repo, no documentation or download link is available
in JBPM site.

Thanks for your help

Alejandro