[rules-users] Memory leak in 5.2/5.3

Jamie jshaw at llbean.com
Wed Oct 5 12:12:12 EDT 2011

I'm trying to remove the listeners myself as Edson suggests, but I can't
figure out how to make it work.  I added this to my code just to see how
many listeners there were (I expected to see three - one for each of my
flows - based on what I see in the heap dump):

	Collection listeners = session.getAgendaEventListeners();
	LOGGER.debug("Agenda event listeners: " + listeners.size());

I was planning to then iterate over the collection and call
session.removeEventListener(),

However, when I run it, get this exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jbpm.process.instance.ProcessRuntimeImpl$3
incompatible with org.drools.event.rule.AgendaEventListener
	at
org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.getAgendaEventListeners(StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.java:182)

Any ideas?