[rules-users] NPE in SlidingTimeWindow$SlidingTimeWindowComparator

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 19:42:40 EDT 2011

  Hi Rob,

  Can you please provide the test case (open a JIRA with it) or at least a
description of what kind of events are you feeding in and with which
frequency so that we can try to reproduce the problem?

  The NPE where you mentioned is the symptom... the problem is elsewhere...

  Edson

2011/10/6 Rob Crawford <crawford at kloognome.com>

> I'm getting a null pointer exception on either line 232 or 233 of
> SlidingTimeWindow. The only window I'm using is:
>
> rule "Mark up to date"
>       timer(int: 5m)
> when
>       $store: Store()
>       exists (SensorReading (this.store == $store) over window:time(5m))
> then
> end
>
> The rule never fires; this happens when the sliding time window is expiring
> tuples.
>
> It appears the comparator needs to handle nulls, but there's nothing in the
> JavaDocs about that.

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development
  JBoss by Red Hat @ www.jboss.com