[rules-users] Map errors and quirks

zstlaw zstlawre at akamai.com
Mon Oct 10 13:52:43 EDT 2011

Sorry, that last message sent while I was still typing.  I have downloaded
and tested with the 5.4 snapshot using the mvel snapshot that was included
in that build.

Some behavior is better now.  Some is not.  Post for discussion here before
I open a bug since there may be nuances that I don't understand or could
document better after feedback.

on the first example :

recentContacts[owneremail] != null

is now working properly.  But assigning a variable while using a different
variable is still not.  So the following two calls both still fail :

$d3 : recentContacts[$me],
$d6 : recentContact.get($me),

That is vexing since I often want to use a variable from one fact to get a
element from a different fact for use in testing a third fact.  I also
noticed some new features but I need to do a bit more analysis before
posting here as the current testcase is too convoluted to present easily.

More later after I finish a presentation.
Zack