[rules-users] Fusion appears to be working properly, but...

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 23:40:08 EDT 2011

   Fusion is a set of features added to all the Expert features, so in the
end, they just leverage each other... it is not like Fusion only uses
events, and Expert only uses facts... the goal of the Drools platform is to
make it completely transparent for the user to write their
rules/queries/processes using all the features together...

   Having said that, yes, you must either call fireAllRules() from time to
time (for instance, after each insert, or every 20 seconds, or whatever), or
you can start a thread and call fireUntilHalt() to place the engine in
reactive mode (probably what you were looking for).

   Edson

2011/10/13 slyfox <bobby.richards at gmail.com>

> i did not but I was under the impression that the fireallrules method was
> for
> expert an not fusion.  So anytime I have an 'event' come in I must call
> this
> method?
>
> I see that it works now, but this seems inefficient to me, how does this
> differentiate fusion, if its just like expert in a loop?
>
> Thanks for the response,
> Bobby

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development