[rules-users] Regarding BPEL

Jamie jshaw at llbean.com
Thu Oct 20 13:18:53 EDT 2011

I'm not sure your answer directly addresses the question.  BPMN and BPEL
aren't the same thing - BPMN is an unstructured diagramming notation that an
be directly executed from within Drools, where as BPEL is a semi-structured
language.  While most BPMN flows can be translated to BPEL, not everything
in BPMN can be represented in BPEL.  I don't believe that Drools can
directly execute BPEL (but I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong
about that)