[rules-users] Regarding BPEL

Sumeet Karawal sumeet.karawal at tcs.com
Mon Oct 24 05:45:19 EDT 2011

Thank you. This was really helpful.

Regards,
Sumeet
Mailto: sumeet.karawal at tcs.com

  From:       Mauricio Salatino <salaboy at gmail.com>

  To:         Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>

  Date:       10/21/2011 04:15 PM

  Subject:    Re: [rules-users] Regarding BPEL

  Sent by:    rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org

Definitely we are not in the same page :)
BPMN is also a semi-structured language to define business processes (BP
from BPEL and BPMN). The version 2 of the standard defines the language and
the execution semantic for defining Business Processes with a wider scope
than BPEL. Of course that BPEL and BPMN are not the same, but I think that
you can achieve most of the things that you want to achieve with BPEL with
BPMN (I'm not sure what are you trying to achieve, but we can discuss that
in another thread). In the case of BPMN, Drools is not the one responsible
for the process execution and jBPM5 is. Where jBPM5 is right now a former
module of the Drools Project. jBPM5 provides you a generic process engine
capable of understanding more than one process definition language, but
right now the project is focused on running BPMN models. In other words,
jBPM5 is capable of running BPEL process, but right now the parsers for the
BPEL models are not in place. Most of the BPMS vendors are adopting BPMN as
a defacto notation and I think that for that reason jBPM5 is only focused
in this language now.

Hope it helps..

Cheers