[rules-users] rule fires several times

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 12:51:44 EDT 2011

On 31 October 2011 17:06, arrehman <arrehman73 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have /update()/ on consequence/action part of rules, which I can't void.

It seems to me that you are contradicting yourself. If you can't remove
update() then this means that you do need the changes to facts being
made known to the rules engine so that it can fire rules (again), due to
changes made. This is the only purpose of an update() call; changes to
the Java object are made by setter calls, as always.