[rules-users] Continuous Planning on Drools Planner: locking historic facts

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 05:54:23 EDT 2011

Hi luis,

In time, I 'll probably provide out-of-the-box support for locking (and
maybe even partially for semi-locking),
but for now, just do it something like this with Beta1:

@PlanningEntity
class Assignment {
    Shift shift;
    Employee employee; // that's the planning variable
    boolean locked;

   // getter and setters
}

The construction heuristics won't reset the already planned entities (by
default at least),
and since all locked entities will be planned, those will work.

For the metaheuristics (local search, tabu search, SA, ...) you 'll need
to make your MoveFactory's smarter:
the can't generate moves on planning entities where isLocked() is true.
Note that you can still use CachedMoveFactory's as the locking won't
change during planning phases (even if you use real-time planning actually).

Op 03-09-11 21:03, lbrito schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I have seen the latest documentation on the Beta version of version 5.3 of
> Drools Planner.
> I am quite interested in the continuous planning scenario. However I have
> found no evidence on how to lock the facts (as described on the example).
>
> Does anyone now anything about this??
>
> KR,
> Luis

With kind regards,