[rules-users] Guvnor repository database use to store assets

puja nandamuri med_9501 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 13:33:08 EDT 2011

Hi All,

we are currently using SQLServer as the database repository for  Guvnor 5.2.0.CR1

Can somone throw some light on how the database is used by Guvnor in the following scenario?

the first time we deploy Guvnor,we create an empty database and let Guvnor create the necessary Table and other structures necessary for it to save and load assets .

assuming that Guvnor creates the required structures such as Tables etc during the first deploy and may not need to create any further tables , we lock down the database from creating any further tables. Guvnor works fine for all subsequent rules creation and save.

we had to redeploy Guvnor a second time without changing anything with respect to the database.we however, had to delete the existing workspace and repository directories created on local file system to let Guvnor create them afresh.

 the expectation is that Guvnor will read the assets from the existing database and create new repository and workspace directories on file system .

Guvnor threw errors saying

Caused By: java.sql.SQLException: [OWLS][SQLServer JDBC
Driver][SQLServer]CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'GuvnorRules'.
does Guvnor create new Tables everytime we deploy a fresh instance of Guvnor to weblogic ?
or is it the way that I have generated my repository.xml that is causing Guvnor to create new tables to save non asset related data such as indexing etc?
I have attached a sample of my repository.xml for reference.
I appreciate your thoughts and feedback.
Thanks,
Ram