[rules-users] Guvnor repository database use to store assets

Nicolas Héron nicolas.heron.java at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 14:15:15 EDT 2011

Hi,
Guvnor stores everything in the database.
The directories workspace and repository are for the lucene indexes used by
jackrabbit.
The best thing when you move guvnor from one database to another is to use
the export/import function that will work even if you export from one type
of database to another type of database. It is how I do in my projects.
After importing, il may be necessary to delete those two directories as
sometimes jackrabbit (which is behind guvnor to store the assets) does not
update the index correctly. Yes it is normal and a good practice when you
install guvnor to a new server.
Now if you are using jboss 5 or 6, modeshape may be a good candidate also in
replacement of Jackrabbit. But I have never used Modeshape (my customer are
using jboss 4 or apache tomcat, etc..)
Now are you using the community version ? The question you ask is typically
one that you would ask to a professional support.
Regards
Nicolas Heron