[rules-users] Unable to get WebDav Access, unless modify JackRabbit Config

john@oa john at openaspect.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 14:02:48 EDT 2011

Relates to webdav management of rules under: guvnor-5.2.0.Final-tomcat-6.0

Hi

For rapid development, I wish to directly manage the repository through
WebDav.

I can successfully navigate the repository using BitKinex 3.2.3 or Windows 7
web folders.  However, I cannot create or edit .drl files.  When I do this I
receive an ERROR in the Tomcat console (see error below this post).

 I have tried to authenticate with:

-no authentication details
- with the 'guest' user
- the 'anonymous' user
- and the 'admin' user.

I have managed to enable WebDav editing of the repository .drl file's by
updating the JackRabbit configuration of the Tomcat server and changing the
anonymous user to have an id of 'guest' (in Tomcat's repository.xml file -
see below).

*However*, when I do this Drools Guvnor can no longer edit or view Rules.
Any help much appreciated!

ERROR received on edit:
*****************

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
ERROR 07-09 18:41:29,280 (WebDavServletBean.java:service:154)    Exception:
org.
drools.repository.RulesRepositoryException: javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException:
Acc
ess denied
        at
org.drools.repository.VersionableItem.checkout(VersionableItem.java:5
61)
        at
org.drools.repository.VersionableItem.checkout(VersionableItem.java:5
31)
        at
org.drools.repository.AssetItem.updateBinaryContentAttachment(AssetIt
em.java:405)
        at
org.drools.guvnor.server.files.WebDAVImpl.setResourceContent(WebDAVIm
pl.java:712)
        at net.sf.webdav.methods.DoPut.execute(DoPut.java:152)
        at
net.sf.webdav.WebDavServletBean.service(WebDavServletBean.java:128)
        at
org.drools.guvnor.server.files.WebdavServlet.service(WebdavServlet.ja
va:76)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:290)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:206)
        at org.jboss.seam.web.ContextFilter$1.process(ContextFilter.java:42)
        at
org.jboss.seam.servlet.ContextualHttpServletRequest.run(ContextualHtt
pServletRequest.java:53)
        at org.jboss.seam.web.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:37)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:206)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:233)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:191)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:127)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j

JackRabbit configuration with guest user:

<LoginModule
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleLoginModule">

        </LoginModule>