[rules-users] order of execution between BPM events and rules

Jordi Alvarez jalvarezc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:06:03 EDT 2011

Hello, I am involved in a set of projects for an insurance company in which
we have been combining Drools Expert and Drools Flow for its 5.1.1 version.

We are making extensive use of events / wait states in our processes.

We have experienced that, in case of conflict between wait state constraints
and rules (that is, there is a wait state constraint that is true and also a
rule activation that is true), always the constraints associated to our
processes execute before the rule.

We have searched in the documentation but found nothing regarding this
point. Can anybody confirm whether our empirical assumption is really true?
There is some way to configure this behaviour?

Many thanks in advance!
Jordi Alvarez