[rules-users] Spreadsheet: Rule Compilation error (xxx) cannot be resolved: Keeping running total

john@oa john at openaspect.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 08:08:10 EDT 2011

Guvnor: guvnor-5.2.0.Final-tomcat-6.0

Hi

I am a Drools Newbie and I have an integer field called score that I need to
add to when a rule matches in a spreadsheet decision table.  i.e. the score
field should hold a running total of all scores that are matched.  However,
I can't even update the field in the table.  I have attached the spreadsheet
for review.  In this spreadsheet I am simply trying to set the score, and
that is failing with:

DScoringTable] Rule Compilation error application cannot be resolved

My goal is to have different decision tables that will all need to update
the same score, and keep a running total of the total score.

Any help very much appreciated!  I hope that I am just missing something
obvious.
http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n3322713/demo-score-sheet.xls
demo-score-sheet.xls

In future I may wish to also update a String field and keep concatenating to
that field, is this possible?

John