[rules-users] Spreadsheet: Rule Compilation error (xxx) cannot be resolved: Keeping running total

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 09:20:35 EDT 2011

The error you get is due to the second condition (application:
Application()) not being included in the generated rules. Empty cell means:
the column's snippet is not included in the rule.

Since you don't have a constraint for Application() you can employ a trick:
remove the column and prefix the text application: Application() to the text
in cell C7.

In Rule 1, do you really want to test whether a payment is not greater than
zero?

Do you realize that Rules 2 and 3 would both fire for certain payment
amounts?

You can update a String field. To concatenate, use
   x.setString( x.getString() + "whatever" );

-W