[rules-users] Thoughts about rule authoring

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 11:53:08 EDT 2011

You could externalise the paths for the annotations:-

MyConfigurationSettings( $jimPath : pathToJimAnnotations )
jim : Annotation( name = $jimPath )

(where MyConfigurationSettings is a fact inserted into WM).

or

MyConfigurationSettings( $jimPath : pathToJimAnnotations ) from
$globalServiceObject.getMeMySettings( )
jim : Annotation( name = $jimPath )

(where MyConfigurationSettings is available from a - perhaps - Hibernate
query).

I am surprised "Person" was provided as an option (without knowing the
auto-complete code in any detail). Perhaps it is a class on your classpath?

With kind regards,

Mike