[rules-users] Guvnor test scenarios for rules that use globals

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 18:08:13 EDT 2011

Thank-you Lisa for your honest and candid reply. Enum support was vastly
improved in 5.2 and we continue to try to make improvements that will be of
benefit to users whilst also endeavouring to achieve our own goals. I hope
as we continue to enhance Guvnor you are able to reconsider it in the
future.

sent on the move

On 16 Sep 2011 22:45, "lhorton" <LHorton at abclegal.com> wrote:
> The project I'm on needs to be stable by the end of this month for rules.
We
> started evaluating Guvnor in April (5.1 release). We ran into several
> problems. For example:
>
> enums didn't work in guided rules
> we have domain classes with private no-arg constructors and Guvnor didn't
> handle these by reflection
> above classes also couldn't be used in guided tests
> inability to test rules that used globals
>
> I know some of these have been fixed (you fixed the spreadsheet problem
that
> I had, I think) but our evaluation was that we could not wait to see if
> things got fixed in time, and my management had resistance to changing our
> domain model to conform to Guvnor requirements. We had a vision that
Guvnor