[rules-users] Planning Under Uncertainty

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 18:39:31 EDT 2011

I'm adding support native for uncertainty to drools: the code is in a
sub-project repository called "drools-chance". I'll probably commit an
update next week, supporting the declaration of beans with distributions as
fields.
Full support in the rules, instead, will take some more time. I would like
to understand better what you mean by "uncertain planning": are you
considering actions with uncertain preconditions / effects or both? or are
you referring to randomized search algorithms?
Of course, you can always manage uncertainty explicitly, using additional
facts and calculating the probabilities, but I would not recommend that
unless you need a working prototype very quickly.

Best,
Davide

p.s.
The paper you found is old and obsolete, definitely not worthy looking at (
shame on the main author ;) )