[rules-users] Can you remove logging information from BatchExecutionCommand?

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 15:35:09 EDT 2011

I am sending a batchexecution command to a drools server:

8<...
  MyBean mb = new MyBean();
  List<Command> cmds = new ArrayList<Command>();
  InsertObjectCommand insertCmd = (InsertObjectCommand)
CommandFactory.newInsert(mb);
  insertCmd.setOutIdentifier("inserter");
  insertCmd.setEntryPoint("Default");
  cmds.add(insertCmd);
  FireAllRulesCommand fireAllRulesCommand = new FireAllRulesCommand();
  cmds.add(fireAllRulesCommand);

  BatchExecutionCommand command =
CommandFactory.newBatchExecution(cmds,"ksession1");

  String xml BatchExecutionHelper.newXstreammarshaller().toXML(command);
8<...

The xml created by that last line contains A LOT of logging information and
includes characters that seem to be invalid.  (drools server throws a
"ConvertsionException, Invalid character reference: null character not
allowed in XML content" when it reads the XML)

Is there a way to tell the BatchExecutionHelper NOT not to include that
logger information?

ps.  I tried things like turning off the root logger programmatically before
calling.  Also, I tried setting a global parameter "logger" to a null object
(I saw that somewhere) but that didn't work either.
commands.add(CommandFactory.newSetGlobal("logger", null));

Thanks for any insight.
-J