[rules-users] Can you remove logging information from BatchExecutionCommand?

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 17:00:08 EDT 2011

Figured it out.  In case anyone else sees this, the issue was that the bean
that I was sending to the Drools server had a "logger" property, which
XStream was trying to serialize.  I didn't want to do a
myBean.setLogger(null) because I wanted to actually do some logging in the
bean.  So, the solution was to ask XStream to omit that logger property when
it created the XML.

I tried adding the annotation @XStreamOmit before the logger property in my
bean, but that didn't work.  I had to do this:

8<...
  BatchExecutionCommand command =
CommandFactory.newBatchExecution(cmds,"kession1");
  XStream xs = BatchExecutionHelper.newXStreamMarshaller();
  *xs.omitField(com.company.MyBean.class,"logger");*
  String xml = xs.toXML(command);
8<..

-J