[rules-users] Guvnor WAR files build question

chema chema at romandie.com
Thu Apr 5 07:25:54 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm quite new with Guvnor and i have to add some config files to it in order
to deploy the application in a server (security things and other custom
modules).

To do that I choosed to download the sources (Maven project from official
github) of Guvnor for the version 5.3.0.Final and I started to add the
things i needed. This way the operation could be done as a normal dev (all
application tests are run, etc...)

Here is my problem. Usually when you add a file (xml file in this case) in
the WEB-INF directory (I'm talking about the guvnor-webapp module and the
directory src/main/webapp/WEB-INF) and you run the build (Maven war plugin,
in this case i perform a clean install of the module
guvnor-distribution-wars) you'll find these files in the WEB-INF directory
of the war produced.

I have no errors, all the wars (wars for jboss versions 5.1, 6, 7 and tomcat
6) are generated, but my file is not in the WEB-INF directory of the war (in
fact no war produced has it).

As I'm scratching my head with this, I rolled back all the changes I made
and restarted the process only adding a test.xml file in the WEB-INF
directory and building Guvnor again. Same result...

I may be not understanding how it works or doing something wrong, but I'll
really appreciate all the help you can give me to resolve this simple (I
think it should be simple, but as I can't get over it...) issue.

Many thanks.