[rules-users] Guvnor WAR files build question

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 07:45:19 EDT 2012

Op 05-04-12 13:25, chema schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm quite new with Guvnor and i have to add some config files to it in order
> to deploy the application in a server (security things and other custom
> modules).
>
> To do that I choosed to download the sources (Maven project from official
> github) of Guvnor for the version 5.3.0.Final and I started to add the
> things i needed. This way the operation could be done as a normal dev (all
> application tests are run, etc...)
>
> Here is my problem. Usually when you add a file (xml file in this case) in
> the WEB-INF directory (I'm talking about the guvnor-webapp module and the
> directory src/main/webapp/WEB-INF) and you run the build (Maven war plugin,
> in this case i perform a clean install of the module
> guvnor-distribution-wars) you'll find these files in the WEB-INF directory
> of the war produced.
yes indeed.
So when you added it for example
   guvnor/guvnor-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/foo.xml
and you do a "mvn clean install -DskipTests -Dfull", you should find
   guvnor/guvnor-webapp/target/guvnor-webapp-*.war!/WEB-INF/foo.xml
(the ! means you have to unzip it to see it)

If you then do a "mvn clean install -DskipTests -Dfull" build on
guvnor-distribution-wars,
you should see the same file in those wars too.

> I have no errors, all the wars (wars for jboss versions 5.1, 6, 7 and tomcat
> 6) are generated, but my file is not in the WEB-INF directory of the war (in
> fact no war produced has it).
>
> As I'm scratching my head with this, I rolled back all the changes I made
> and restarted the process only adding a test.xml file in the WEB-INF
> directory and building Guvnor again. Same result...
>
> I may be not understanding how it works or doing something wrong, but I'll
> really appreciate all the help you can give me to resolve this simple (I
> think it should be simple, but as I can't get over it...) issue.
>
> Many thanks.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet