[rules-users] Drools Planner : multiple planning entities

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 03:03:46 EDT 2012

Op 10-04-12 10:44, TEddahabi schreef:
> I have choosen the SolutionInitializer way, and am trying to make it work.
> However I still have two questions that will need some help from you :
>
> 1 -  A variable of a planning entity class can be itself a planning entity ?
Yes, but you need to use 5.4.0.CR1 at least (being released today maybe)
and enable ValueRange.excludeUninitializedPlanningEntity = true.
Check the CR1 manual on excludeUninitializedPlanningEntity.

But this is irrelevant of the construction heuristic problem: you 'll
still have 2 entity classes if I understand it correctly,
and the <constructionHeuristics> implementations don't support this at
this time.
Since <localSearch> requires an initialized solution and works much
better when combined with a decent construction heuristic,
I see no way to avoid a SolutionInitializer to implement a custom
construction heuristic.
> I take actually the cloudBalancing for example :
>
> It's possible to make of the cloudComputer class a planning entity class
> with a variable ( State which change the cpuPower instead of being constant
> ) ? this variable takes values via /ValueRangeFromPlanningEntityProperty/
> from a list defined in the computerCloud.
>
> 2 -  My second question is related to the first question example, the list
> defined as /ValueRangeFromPlanningEntityProperty/ has to be added in the
> facts of the solution ? if yes, how can I do that, given that each
> cloudComputer has his proper list.
I think you're mixing ValueRangeFromSolutionProperty with
ValueRangeFromPlanningEntityProperty.
Take a look at the manual to understand the difference between the two.
> I hope that you see clearly what I need.
>
> Thank you so much !!

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet