[rules-users] Eclipse plugin for editing DSLR

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Wed Feb 1 07:25:00 EST 2012

Hi folks,

I was thinking the Eclipse DSLR editor just didn't work, but discovered this morning that actually it's just that it only works properly (i.e. shows the 'generated' DRL) if I put the DSLR in the same directory as the DSL. Until now, I have kept the DSL in the 'main' side of my Maven source tree and DSLRs for use in unit testing in the 'test' side.

So I was wondering whether there's a means of configuring the Eclipse plugin so that it can find DSL resources in another directory.

As a side note, I was thinking that this would be a handy thing for a Maven Drools plugin to configure for me, when I run "mvn eclipse:eclipse". It could be based on project structure conventions or through me indicating the location of my rules resources. I noticed a couple of old interactions on the mailing list regarding Maven Drools plugins, but I also notice that so far nothing has appeared in the droolsjbpm-tools Github repo.

Steve