[rules-users] Session persistence

Alberto R. Galdo argaldo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:07:09 EST 2012

Hi,

   We are using Drools Expert, Fusion, Flow, etc... to build a complex
event processing system and one of our main constraints is to be fault
tolerant. As such, we are using an StatefulKnowledgeSession and our system
involves processes, sets of rules, events, accumulators, ... . What we need
is to be able to reconstruct a KnowledgeSession in a given state and all
our changes in the knowledgesession need to be persisted at the very moment
a change is detected.

   The documentation is sparse in this point (
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.Beta2/drools-expert-docs/html/ch04.html#d0e2702)
and what we've seen so far is that our rules are persisted but no
traces
of facts or events ... This would be unaceptable for our product. We need
to be able to stop our service at any time and restore the knowledge
session at any time as it was at the moment of the previous stop.

   We have previous experience with JBPM 3 using a persistent storage to be
fault tolerant and  it works like a charm, we can see our processes,
process instances, timers, etc...   .

   Can we get a *full* KnowledgeSession persistence service for Drools?

Greets,