[rules-users] Session persistence

Mike Melton mike.melton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:29:46 EST 2012

That's odd. We have stateful sessions persisted using the techniques shown
in the documentation you link to, and rehydrated sessions are fully
populated with all facts/events from working memory as expected. We have
the same requirement (sessions must survive a server reboot 100% intact)
and we have been quite pleased with the results. The only things we have to
re-establish upon rehydration are globals and event listeners. We
use JPAKnowledgeService.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(..) to establish new
persisted sessions and JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(..)
to rehydrate existing persisted sessions.

I doubt I've been much help to you but perhaps it will help to know that
someone has seen persistence work as advertised.

Mike