[rules-users] Guvnor - verify that external RDBMS is being used to store rules

Kevin Kelleher kelleher_kevin at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 08:18:39 EST 2012

Hi,

I configured an external RDBMS (Oracle) as the data store for Guvnor ( on
tomcat 6.0.35) - new repository.xml etc.

Thinks look good .. guvnor launched ok ... entered & validated rules etc ...

Now I want to verify that the rules are stored on the db. ( VERSIONING_*
files etc) as opposed to the default flat files under the tomcat install
dir.

Basically I'm not sure of the best way to do this. The db tables contain
blobs so wont "see" anything there!

Using Guvnor, I edited a test.  This updated data in the datastore directory
(C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\bin\repository\repository\datastore). Is this
correct behaviour?

If the external DB is used, on tomcat startup, is a "copy" of everything
sent to bin/repository?

I deleted the repository dir under tomcat bin & restarted tomcat. I hoped
that the repository would be rebuilt from the db tables data but this did
not happen.

So can anyone advise?

thanks in advance,
Kevin