[rules-users] Adventures example

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Tue Jan 31 13:47:16 EST 2012

On 31/01/2012 17:35, tomschut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get the drools examples from the 5.3 final zip to work,
> but I seem to be stuck on the adventures example, the one I'm trying to
> understand because of the use of the query syntax.
>
> All other examples work, but as for Adventures eclipse reports errors on
> importing declarations and analyzing expressions in e.g. Commands.drl.
>
> When I run the examples from command line or even eclipse it does compile
> and run the adventures example, so the problem seems to be related to the
> plugin.
The eclipse plugin cannot handle dependencies across drl files, because
it does not know about the ordering. Mario is trying to fix this at the
moment, we hope it'll be fixed for 5.4 final.

All you can do for now is ignore the eclipse plugin errors.

Btw if you like the text adventure game, checkout the wumpus world I'm
working on at the moment.

Mark