[rules-users] Auto generating Schedule(curriculum) in drools-planner

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:41:21 EDT 2012

Op 15-03-12 13:23, Nurlan schreef:
> Actually I've seen your examples :)
>
> But I think my problem is a little bit different from your curriculum...
> because in our country education system is different from us education
> system :)
>
> so I have task, in next 2 month I have to solve school-schedule generation
> system in our country
>
> and know I've implemented simple prototype w/o any interface(view) in
> terminal mode and tested with real school's data, but it takes too many time
> for generation
>
> can you help me with performance? how can I increase performance?
Read the f(abulous) manual completely:

http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.Beta2/drools-planner-docs/html_single/index.html

Read your logs:

http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.Beta2/drools-planner-docs/html_single/index.html#d0e2459

Which optimization algorithms to use.

http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.Beta2/drools-planner-docs/html_single/index.html#d0e3179

And most importantly, use the benchmarker:

http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.Beta2/drools-planner-docs/html_single/index.html#d0e4447

>   I will
> post my code in github.com
That's good and others might help you out this way,
but doing full code blob reviews take hours, not minutes, so I can only
spend such amounts of time on RH customers [1].
Follow the advice above and come back to this mailing list with
specific, small pieces of code you have questions or doubts about it.

[1] http://www.jboss.com/products/platforms/brms/
> :)

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet