[rules-users] PostGIS Drools Integration

Matt Shaw matt.shaw at uk.thalesgroup.com
Wed Mar 28 08:46:48 EDT 2012

Hi,

We have a system which streams data containing geospatial information that
represents aircraft into a PostGIS database where we also store geographic
areas of interest.  We would like to create, with Drools, rules which
utilise the PostGIS geospatial functions as part of the Rules that we
develop.

What would be the most effecient and effective way of integrating the data
that is in PostGIS and the geospatial functions to create facts and rules??
We don't really want to load all that data into memory and would like to
utilise the geospatial functions as they are a very effecient way of
evaluating the data.

Regards

Matt