[rules-users] Even to check if all the rules have been fired

sumatheja sumatheja at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:50:57 EDT 2012

Hi wolfgang,
                 Thanks for the response. I've thousands of facts(fetched
from DB) which wont be changing very frequently. So I'm loading them to
the  knowledgesession at the time of deploying the application and it stays
live on the server. Whenever my application(a webservice) is called, I
fetch this session(which is on the server jvm), add the new facts and
validate them and retract the newly added facts so that my session will be
intact(as it was before the webservice call). To achieve this I have used
the fireUntilHalt. Correct me If I'm making a mistake here.

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun at gmail.com>wrote:

> You don't say why you are using fireUntilHalt(). What you want to know,
> i.e., that all rules due to the insertion of some facts have been fired, is
> naturally provided by fireAllRules().
>
> You could come up with some hack to achieve your intent with
> fireUntilHalt(), but why do it in a roundabout way?
>
> -W
>

> On 3 May 2012 15:11, sumatheja <sumatheja at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>         I'm using a stateful knowledge session in my project, where *
>> ksession.fireUntilHalt()* will trigger the rules as and when the facts
>> are inserted. I,m developing a functionaly where I need to insert some new
>> facts and and retract them once the valid rules have been fired. I'm unable
>> to find the exact event listener to check if all the valid rules have been
>> fired. Do I need to handle this case(is it implicitly handled)? *AfterActivationFiredEvent
>> *seems to be activated after successfully firing each rule, so I feel
>> this wont serve the purpose. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> --
>> cheers
>> Sumatheja Dasararaju

cheers