[rules-users] Evaluation of the of rules with 'window:length' event windows

senyatur senya.touretski at emc.com
Wed May 16 06:45:41 EDT 2012

Hi guys
We are using Drools for event processing. So we have rules that, for
instance, put accumulation function over window of number of elements (not
time).
... from accumulate(Class1($a:a) over window:length(X) from entry-point
"Point"...
The problem we are experiencing that when evaluating the rule when there are
*less* elements than X (window length) the accumulation function is still
calculated which leads to wrong results.
Is there a way in Drools to restrict firing of this type of rules when there
are less than 'length' elements in the session?
Thanks