[rules-users] Plugging custom verification rules into Guvnor

Joe Ammann joe at pyx.ch
Fri May 18 09:07:11 EDT 2012

Hi Wolfgang

On 05/17/2012 06:31 PM, Wolfgang Laun wrote:
> you might also consider adding your own rule to one of the existing
> verifyer DRL files. I think they are part of some .jar file, so all
> you'd need to do is de-jar, edit, re-jar, or just fiddle with class
> path if that's the way the verifiy locates the DRL resources.

I think I will do this stepwise, to get a feeling of the needed changes
in Guvnor

1) as you suggest, fiddle the drools-verifier.jar and provide new rules
2) import the rules into a Guvnor package package, and try to change the
invocation of VerifierBuilderConfiguration inside Guvnor to pick up the
rules from this package (instead of the changeset.xml in the
drools-verifier)
3) make the name of the package configurable somehow in the Guvnor GUI
and automate the import of the default rules from drools-verifier

But don't hold your breath :-)

--
CU, Joe