[rules-users] How do you explicitly uses a designated DSL file when parsing dslr?

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Tue Aug 6 05:38:31 EDT 2013

As far as I have ever been able to work out, the 'expander' keyword is redundant. If you add a DSL to the knowledge base, then it is active, and the expander keyword is not required.

I am curious whether it used to do something which it is no longer needed for, whether it's needed for an obscure corner case, or whether it is truly redundant.

You could create separate knowledge bases to enable you to use conflicting DSLs in isolation. However, I would recommend fixing the more fundamental problem of having conflicting DSLs in the first place. The whole point of them is to create a language specific to your business, which is consistent and more readable/writable than DRL. If you are giving different meanings to the same DSL phrase in different parts of the application, then the DSL has failed to achieve its fundamental purpose.

Steve