[rules-users] Snapshot of drools engine's state

IK81 ml at kofler.me
Mon Aug 12 03:52:20 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to make the engine's state persistent in regular
intervals. I do not want to persist the engine's state at every event
insertion for performance reasons. Instead I am thinking of making a
snapshot of the engine's state let's say every X seconds. The events I have
are always stored to a database. In case of a crash or reboot I'd like to
recover the engine's state from the snapshot + reinserting the events that
happened after the timestamp of my snapshot.

Are there any hints or caveats regarding this approach?

Best regards,
Ingo