[rules-users] Snapshot of drools engine's state

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 04:42:14 EDT 2013

IMO that's a very difficult problem to solve.. because if you want to do it
every X seconds you can be caught in the middle of an execution. If you
delay the snapshot creation for when the execution ends, you will probably
caught in the next snapshot creation.
Depending on what are you doing within your rules, you can always recreate
the session from the scratch. You can also use rules to summarize state and
persist that summaries in your external database, that can save you some
time.

HTH

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM, IK81 <ml at kofler.me> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a solution to make the engine's state persistent in
> regular
> intervals. I do not want to persist the engine's state at every event
> insertion for performance reasons. Instead I am thinking of making a
> snapshot of the engine's state let's say every X seconds. The events I have
> are always stored to a database. In case of a crash or reboot I'd like to
> recover the engine's state from the snapshot + reinserting the events that
> happened after the timestamp of my snapshot.
>
> Are there any hints or caveats regarding this approach?
>
> Best regards,
> Ingo

 - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.com <http://salaboy.wordpress.com>
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar