[rules-users] Snapshot of drools engine's state

IK81 ml at kofler.me
Mon Aug 12 10:05:25 EDT 2013

Ok, if this is the case then I am fine. I thought the engine might be
interested not on the event's timestamp but also when the events are
inserted into the system as well. But as already mentioned, this was just my
naive impression - I haven't digged into the source code that deep now.

The recovery is in a first step to keep the state during restarts of the
application server. Next step is to allow a migration of the session between
different nodes on the AS cluster. If a node fails than another node can use
the last persisted state, replay the events and keep on going with the
processing. AFAIK there's no special support for Drools to run in a
distributed fashion in a cluster. The requirements are not that hard that
mission a single beat is essential, but I'll try to avoid any loss of state
in my design.

Ingo