[rules-users] unable to resolve method using strict-mode:

Roopa roopa.musuley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 14:41:04 EDT 2013

Thanks Davide Sottara.
I really appreciate your response on this.

In my application, I have 4 DRL files which are not related.
They correspond to their own functionalities and their own logic.

I found that the method name updateQuery() is creating problem.
I had used the same method name in other 3 DRL files also. Thought they are
not related, but found that changing the method name to unique name cleared
this error.

Somehow, Eclipse ignored this. But when used build script, it threw this
error.
Is this the actual requirement to not have same method names in the project
containing DRL files(though they are in different drl files which are not
linked)?

Is overloading possible in drools?

Thank You.