[rules-users] issue running Drools Expert 6.0 CR2 inside OSGi

yelin66 yelin66 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 13:45:56 EDT 2013

I was able to have Drools Expert 5.3 running inside OSGi. However, the
bundles from 5.4/5.5 were having problem even to start inside the OSGi
container. I tried 6.0 CR2 recently, and encountered the following issue:

• Basically, my model class(es) failed to be loaded from the drools-core &
drools-compiler bundles, although the similar code worked in 5.3. I did some
investigation, and noticed that in 5.3 both drools-core & drools-compiler
have “DynamicImport-Package: *” in the bundle’s manifest file. I tried
manually adding “DynamicImport-Package: *” to the bundle’s manifest for 6.0
CR2, and that worked.

So what’s your suggestions on how to run 6.0 bundles inside OSGi? Would
appreciate your feedback.