[rules-users] Line breaks in DSLR

Stefan stefan at schiffer.at
Tue Aug 27 14:14:59 EDT 2013

I have written a simple DSLR-rule with a rather long sentence in the
when-part:

rule "NR3620"
    when
        tariff number of a position starts with "0301" and the duty measure
is one of "112", "122", "142", "141", "143" and code of condition is "M" and
customs value of position is less than the reference value of condition
    then
	Error F3620

When I try to break up the sentence into serveral lines for better
readability I get an error. This does not word:

rule "NR3620"
    when
        tariff number of a position starts with "0301" and
        the duty measure is one of "112", "122", "142", "141", "143" and
        code of condition is "M" and
        customs value of position is less than the reference value of
condition
    then
	Error F3620

Here is the corresponding expander (line breaks at the lhs of the 5th
when-clause are ok!):

[when]condition code=condCode
[when]customs value=custValue
[when]reference value=condAmount
[when]less than=<=

[when]
tariff number of a position starts with {tariffNumberPrefix} and
the duty measure is one of {dutyMeasureCodes} and
code of condition is {conditionCode} and
{propPosition} of position is {comparator} the {propCondition} of condition
=
$measure:	DutyMeasure(
	tariffCode str[startsWith] {tariffNumberPrefix},
   	addCodeNumber in ({dutyMeasureCodes})
);
$condition:	Condition(
	condCode == {conditionCode}
)
$position:	ImportPosition(
    tariffNumber str[startsWith] {tariffNumberPrefix},
   	{propPosition} {comparator} $condition.{propCondition}
);

[then]
Error {code} = System.out.println("{code}");

Any idea how to break up the long DSL-sentence into several lines?

Thx Stefan