[rules-users] Drools6 : Having trouble in using kie-ci

vimalkansal vimalkansal at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 00:23:57 EST 2013

Hi,

I have an instance of Kie-WB running and I have started it with property
"org.guvnor.m2repo.dir" set to some non default location (i.e not in
/../home/.2).  I am able to use the KIE WB to "build and deploy" the project
to this repository. Then I have built a web application ( I have declared
the dependency on org.kie/kie-ci module and I have verified that this jar is
getting packaged under WEB-INF/lib folder of my .war file). So with this
setup, when I have a code like this in my web application :

KieServices ks = KieServices.Factory.get();
KieContainer kContainer = null;
*kContainer = ks.newKieContainer(ks.newReleaseId("com.xyz", "HelloWorld",
"1.0.0-SNAPSHOT"));*

it seems to wait inordinately long at the highlighted line and then throws
up an exception to the telling can't get the default Kie Session.  My
question :

    Do I have to tell the web application about the location of the maven
repo? if yes how?

Thx

Vimal