[rules-users] Drools 6.0.0: Please clarify: rdrl vs rdslr and what you can do with each

SrjTx clickthex at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 16:55:46 EST 2013

Drools 6.0.0

I have searched doc and google, but have not found what I am looking for -
if you have link that would be great too.

I am creating my first .dsl file and using them in a guided rule.  I notice
that when you select this, the file extension is rdslr versus rdrl.  Also,
you can access any .dsl (that is in the project?  directory? - not clear
where all it searches)

I also notice that you can add "regular" rule parts just like a rdrl file,
but they are prefixed with a >

My question is, if you wanted, could you write only rdslr files and do
everything you could in a rdrl even if you didn't use any dsl?

Rephrased, is rdrl a subset of rdslr functionality?