[rules-users] Drools 5.5.0.Final : Rule Trigger Issue

Zahid Ahmed zahid.ahmed at emirates.com
Thu Dec 12 03:36:31 EST 2013

Hi,

I am new to Rules and having following issues in different rules.

Rule 1 :

     Issue

          I have a process definition in which I create and insert into Session a REQUEST.java object before the rule-flow node. Insert is done using script node. In rule condition section I am filtering  the same request object but my rule is not firing. My rule FIRES if I REMOVE this == $process.getVariable("piRequest").

          rule "Go to President"

          ruleflow-group "DesigSkip"

          dialect "java"

               when

                    $process: WorkflowProcessInstance()

                    $r: Request(this == $process.getVariable("piRequest"), VD == "N", UB == "N", CC not in ( "A", "B") , DP not in (  "X", "Y", "Z") );

               then

                    $process.setVariable("piToPres","y");

          end

Rule 2 :

    I am getting error for eval statement.

globa Request $r;

rule "Go to President"

ruleflow-group "DesigSkip"

dialect "java"

    when

    $process: WorkflowProcessInstance($request:getVariable("piRequest"))

    $r : $request

    $r(eval(ADV == "N"))

    then

            System.out.println("--------------------*******************--------IN GUIDED     RULE--------**********************---------------");

            $process.setVariable("piToPres","y");

end

globa Request $r;

rule "Go to President"

ruleflow-group "DesigSkip"

dialect "java"

    when

    $process: WorkflowProcessInstance($request:getVariable("piRequest"))

    $r : $request

    eval($r.getADV() == "N")

    then

            $process.setVariable("piToPres","y");

end

 Zahid Ahmed
 Senior Software Engineer | Emirates Group IT
 P.O. Box 686 | Dubai, United Arab Emirates
 T +971 4 203 3912 | M +971 55 1249171

[http://cdn.ek.aero/email/e_signatures/ekg2013.jpg]