[rules-users] Sending Java Objects Through Camel, received by Drools 6

jordan.brown jordan.brown at rackspace.com
Thu Dec 12 12:50:28 EST 2013

Hi,

We're currently testing sending XML/JSON (including a message and drools
commands) through Camel and Drools receiving it (using the documentation
given--Part IV Drools Integration in the Doc), but we're curious if it's
possible to just send a Java Object (e.g., Person Object) through Camel and
have Drools pick it up--whereby the object will be received by drools and
then the actual insert and firing of rules will occur on the other side
(i.e., we wouldn't send the drools commands to Camel).

Out-of-the-box, is this possible? Anybody doing this? As of now, we're
continuing the approach in the Drools documentation (Part IV Drools
Integration).

-Jordan