[rules-users] Sending Java Objects Through Camel, received by Drools 6

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Dec 12 17:03:40 EST 2013

At the moment it requires command wrapper objects, which map the object to the method. This allows batch interactions.

There was some work for more RPC type interactions, i.e. maps camel route only to “insert” and doesn’t need a command wrapper. But I don’t think that made 6.0.

If you know that all objects in the camel rout and just for insertion, you can add a camel transformer. The transforms the object into a wrapper command object, wrapping the original object
http://camel.apache.org/message-translator.html

Mark