[rules-users] Drools Clips

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sat Feb 2 10:37:43 EST 2013

On 2 Feb 2013, at 09:27, Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/02/2013, Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 1 Feb 2013, at 13:59, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:

>>> I see. How much interest was there in it?
>> zip, zilch, nadda, zero :)
>
> People can't be blamed. The shell crashes on the slightest typo -
> there's not much fun to be had.
>
> As to the usefulness of having a Lisp IF for Drools: I don't see any
> benefit in being able to write rules with lots of parentheses if I can
> make do without.
no one used the mailing list or jira to open tickets. If we'd had lots of people asking "we'd really like to use this feature, but it's not stable enough" we'd have fixed it, stabilised it and matured it. But my feeling was that if I did this, it would be for all of about 5 users. Jess is there, it's free to use and very mature, I think if people want CLP they end up just using Jess. If Jess wasn't there, then there would be more demand.

Mark