[rules-users] Drools Planner Chaining/Cloning Documentation Suggestion

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 03:24:10 EST 2013

Op 12-02-13 04:20, Trails schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to drools planner and liking it a lot!
>
> I spent some hours last night cracking my head on something.  I have
> switched my domain from planning variable pointing to planning facts to
> using chained planning variables.
>
> I ran into a problem with score corruption, which was surprising as I am
> still using a Simple Score Calculator.
>
> It turns out my problem was when cloning the solution the planning variable
> (now chained) was still pointing to entities in the old solution.  I was
> following along the user guide when I fell over this.
>
> I'd like to humbly suggest that the drools planner user guide include a
> note/warning/something in the chained variable section about ensuring that
> when cloning the solution, the chained planning variables are updated to
> point to the cloned planning entities.  There is currently no mention of
> solution cloning in this section, and the code included in the doc does not
> mention this either.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Coincidence wants it that I 've already documented it for 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT
in section 4.3.5.6.
Could you review that documentation?
https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/view/Drools%20jBPM/job/drools-planner/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/drools-planner-docs/target/docbook/publish/en-US/html_single/index.html#d0e2674

 From 6.0, implementing cloning is optional and the default
implementation already deals with the chaining pitfall :)