[rules-users] Unmarshall large session fails

magnusv magnus.vojbacke at digitalroute.com
Tue Feb 12 06:34:52 EST 2013

For information.

I implemented a workaround and opened a pull request for this issue:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/pull/176

The implemented workaround is the lowest impact workaround I could think of:
Preload the stream into memory before unmarshalling, and ProtoBuf will not
enforce the message size limit that causes the exception.

It's implemented as a COMPLETELY OPTIONAL toggle where the default behavior
is the old non preloading implementation. I.e. you only activate the
workaround if you know what you're doing.