[rules-users] Query on web services and database stuff

Jeremy Ary jeremy.ary at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 08:07:47 EST 2013

If you consider Drools Expert (the core engine) as a component, then
certainly, yes, it can be integrated into a system that both utilizes
persistence and communicates via web services in various ways respectively.
As for working examples, I'm of the opinion that would be stretching the
point of the mailing list, as these aren't concerns specific to Drools.
Baking in these functionalities makes no sense (kitchen sink mentality,
SoC) and providing examples of these would be to try and teach you
fundamentals of architectural and enterprise design. This is akin to asking
a car engine manufacturer how to create a steering mechanism and
6-passenger cabin, and provide examples of each. There are various
approaches (patterns) that suit different needs, but none tie directly to
the car engine.