[rules-users] Drools upgrade from 5.1.0 to 5.5.0.Final

SuchitraKrishna hsggwk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:50:49 EST 2013

Hello,
          I am trying to upgrade our project to jdk7 and in the process,
upgrading from drools 5.1.0 to drools 5.5.0.Final and I have a few
questions.
1. Is 5.5.0.Final compatible with jdk7 and is it the production version?
2. When I compile our code with 5.5.0.Final, I see the following
compilation error

/drools/util/DroolsRuleHandler.java:[58,25]
setClassLoader(java.lang.ClassLoader...) has private access in
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration

DroolsRuleHandler.java has this piece of code

PackageBuilderConfiguration builderCfg = new PackageBuilderConfiguration();
builderCfg.setClassLoader( this.getClass().getClassLoader() );

In the new version of drools, this setClassLoader is private whereas in
5.1.0 this used to be public. Is there a way to get around this error? I
would be most grateful if you could point me in the right direction. I have
looked at the archives since 2011 and could not find anything in there. Is
there a drools migration page somewhere that I missed? Thanks a lot for
your help.